Bowler Metcalf was formed in 1972, listed in 1987, and is now classified under Containers and Packaging, General Industrials sector of the JSE. The Bowler Metcalf Group consists of main operating division, Plastics (Bowler Plastics).
Bowler Plastics – Partners in Packaging Solutions
The plastics division specializes in the manufacture of rigid plastic packaging for the toiletry, cosmetic, household, pharmaceutical and food markets, focusing on customized solutions rather than the large volumes, standards market. Manufacturing plants are situated in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. Our Head Office is in Cape Town, as is tool design and manufacture.
Modes of manufacture comprise, injection and blow moulding (PVC, HDPE and PP), extrusion (tubes and laminated tubes) together with comprehensive printing and decorating capabilities, and injection stretch blow moulding (PET).
Together we make a difference.
- Continually embrace innovations in products, technologies, methods and knowledge to provide excellence in solutions.
- Seamlessly integrate into the supply chain of our customers, providing quality service and goods at a cost which will help them prosper with ourselves.
- Provide our employees with an inclusive environment to develop to the best of their potential in line with the needs of the business.
- Promote sustainable resource management based on environmentally responsible practices through an integrated system of waste reduction, reuse, recycling, innovative technologies and the development of customer and community awareness.
- Conduct our business at all times in accordance with our value system.
- Appropriately reward stakeholders for their support and commitments to the business.